Monday, December 17, 2007

Fixing the Genset (again)

Generator trouble (hard to start) SOOOOOO, today's exercise is moving the genset fuel boost pump from the starboard lazarette to a location nearer to the main fuel cell. It seems that the pump pushes more efficiently than it sucks, and it has been having trouble sucking the fuel the 12 feet from the fuel cell. SO, I spent most of my day in my office (the lazarette, like the basement of the boat). The good news, the generator still runs after the fix. We will see in coming days if it runs better than it did before my fix.

Chuck

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you guys, and very envious at the same time. Great job! Keep those posts coming. I enjoy them all. Ed W.